Emma’s Best Winter Coats
After being uncharacteristically mild for an English autumn, the weather has turned and it’s really cold now. Meaning that if you haven’t done so already, now is the perfect time to invest in a new winter coat which will last all season.
There are so many styles in store, it can feel overwhelming, but some of the key trends I’ve definitely spotted whilst leafing through my Sunday supps are:
- Red: Traditionally vampy, red has been given a glamorous update and is everywhere from boots, scarves, jumpers and hats. For those who truly dare, a rich red coat is festive and glamorous – perfect for the winter months.
- Duvet Daywear: Whilst we all know Zara has been pedalling the ever-popular quilted coat for years, it’s been given a luxe makeover. Straight from the catwalk, the ‘duvet coat’ features asymmetric lines, oversized hems and bright colours. So cosy and comfortable, but the height of fashion. Hurrah!
- Faux Fur: I love faux fur. It’s really wintery and makes you want to go for long walks in the park. There are so many cool and beautiful options out there now. I had a hard time choosing just a few of my favourites.
- Blade Runner: Popular culture is a huge inspiration in fashion, and cult TV and films make for great inspiration. Remember the transparent mac in Fifth Element? It’s back in Blade Runner, alongside shiny, metallic fabrics that were also huge on the runways this September. White stitching too – it’s going to be big.
- Checked: Checks were a huge trend on the AW17 catwalk – you just can’t go wrong with a classic check – from tartan, to dogstooth and gingham, checks are everywhere this season.
I’ve been browsing online to shop for a new coat and have found some gorgeous styles (below) across these trends, whether you’re looking for a high street buy or if you’re looking to blow the budget on something timeless.
Let me know your favourites!